A selection of Regency country dances, some more suitable for beginners or for warm up dances in classes (marked with an asterisk). Links to the original music and instructions are available on the individual track pages and some dances have interpreted instructions.
Track Listing (click to listen to samples):
- The Salamanca Castanets – 6×48 bar waltz
- The Sailor’s Reprieve – 7×32 bar jig
- The Haydn – 6×32 bar Reel*
- Lord Lotherdale Favorite – 6×32 bar jig
- La Rose Cotillion – 16 bar change + 32 bar figure
- Miss Bennet’s Jigg – 6×32 bar jig
- The Muff – 6×48 bar reel
The longways duple minor dances have been recorded 7 times through to suit dancing in a longways set with all first couples starting together. The longways triple minor dances have been recorded 6 times through to suit dancing twice through in 3 couple sets.
Some of the recordings have been also extended to suit those dancing in other set formations. Contact us for details.